- Yocto Project Status 28 June 2022 (WW26)
Yocto Project Status 28 June 2022 (WW26)
Current Dev Position: YP 4.1 M2
Next Deadline: 11th July 2022 YP 4.1 M2 Build
Next Team Meetings:
- YP 4.0.2 is due to build this week however we want to fix one bitbake logging regression first.
- A fix has been merged for a logging regression found in bitbake where the first message to the console during parsing would be shown but subsequent ones would not.
- Fedora 36 is causing problems on the autobuilder since it drops support for the scp protocol requiring sftp on target instead to exchange files. Dropbear does not have sftp support. We need scp to perform several of our image tests.
We can add sftp to both dropbear and openssh images however that then causes dev-pkg conflicts since openssh and dropbear cannot be installed at the same time but are pulled in by openssh-dev and dropbear-dev.
- As such we’re proposing to change -dev package dependencies to become rrecommends instead of rdepends. This does radically change the contents of some images but in a way which is much more correct.
- There is a potential follow up change to change injected symlink dependencies from rdepends to rrecommends as well, which reduces the delta of “dev-pkg” featured images even more.
- There are also problems in the cve-check selftests causing other build failures.
- Various npm fixes were merged, thanks Enrico.
- There are problems with rust-cross-canadian, it has never worked correctly for the full set of different targets cross-canadian might be set to. Help to fix that would be much appreciated.
- Help is very much welcome in trying to resolve our autobuilder intermittent issues. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
Ways to contribute:
YP 4.1 Milestone Dates:
- YP 4.1 M2 build date 2022/07/11
- YP 4.1 M2 Release date 2022/07/22
- YP 4.1 M3 build date 2022/08/22
- YP 4.1 M3 Release date 2022/09/02
- YP 4.1 M4 build date 2022/10/03
- YP 4.1 M4 Release date 2022/10/28
Upcoming dot releases:
- YP 4.0.2 build date 2022/06/27
- YP 4.0.2 Release date 2022/07/08
- YP 3.1.18 build date 2022/07/18
- YP 3.1.18 Release date 2022/07/29
- YP 4.0.3 build date 2022/08/08
- YP 4.0.3 Release date 2022/08/19
- YP 3.1.19 build date 2022/08/29
- YP 3.1.19 Release date 2022/09/09
- YP 4.0.4 build date 2022/09/19
- YP 4.0.4 Release date 2022/09/30
- YP 3.1.20 build date 2022/10/10
- YP 3.1.20 Release date 2022/10/21
- YP 4.0.5 build date 2022/10/31
- YP 4.0.5 Release date 2022/11/11
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.