- Yocto Project Status WW11`22
Yocto Project Status WW11`22
Current Dev Position: YP 3.5 M4
Next Deadline: 4th April. 2022 YP 3.5 M4 build
Next Team Meetings:
- YP 3.5 M3 has been released.
- YP 3.1.15 is now in QA
- There are patches proposed to move python3-cryptography to OE-Core from meta-oe/meta-python. It is late in the cycle but the current location is causing issues for several layers and it appears to be the right thing to do before kirkstone is released.
- There is a proposal to switch from pip to installer to handle installation of python modules. With some development, the path becomes clear in hindsight and this is another change where it seems to make sense to do it now.
- Other than the above, we should be seeing the recent python changes settling down.
- There were some tweaks to the tasks display in knotty merged.
- We took an upgrade to mesa 22 which drops dri1 support on the basis it stands the release in a better long term position.
- We have continued to take other minimal impact upgrades and this is having a positive impact on CVE numbers.
- Toaster has seen a number of fixes recently and should be in a stronger position for release with a move to an LTS django version, thanks Tim and David.
- Help in completing the migration documentation would be much appreciated.
- If people see intermittent issues in their own builds, particularly if they’re the same as intermittent issues seen on the autobuilder, please do comment in the bugs mentioning when they happen as the frequency information does help us prioritize fixing the most common issues.
- Intermittent issues continue to be at record high levels and help is very much welcome in trying to resolve them. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.5 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.5 M3 is released
- YP 3.5 M4 build date 2022/04/04
- YP 3.5 M4 Release date 2022/04/29
Upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.1.15 is in QA
- YP 3.1.15 Release date 2022/03/25
- YP 3.4.3 build date 2022/03/21
- YP 3.4.3 Release date 2022/04/01
- YP 3.3.6 build date 2022/03/28
- YP 3.3.6 Release date 2022/04/08
- YP 3.1.16 build date 2022/04/25
- YP 3.1.16 Release date 2022/05/06
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.