- Yocto Project Status WW10`22
Yocto Project Status WW10`22
Current Dev Position: YP 3.5 M4
Next Deadline: 4th April. 2022 YP 3.5 M4 build
Next Team Meetings:
- YP 3.3.5 has been released.
- YP 3.5 M3 is now in QA
- All of the known disruptive changes for 3.5 should now be merged and we’re looking at stabilizing up to release in around 4 weeks.
- We do plan to experiment a little with M4 in this cycle by taking low risk upgrades before release as this does tend to help improve the baseline versions in the final release and help reduce our security exposure. Experience shows issues tend to be introduced by feature changes and potentially other code improvements rather than recipe upgrades and that the autobuilder testing generally does a good job of evaluating upgrades.
- Help in completing the migration documentation would be much appreciated.
- If people see intermittent issues in their own builds, particularly if they’re the same as intermittent issues seen on the autobuilder, please do comment in the bugs mentioning when they happen as the frequency information does help us prioritize fixing the most common issues.
- Intermittent issues continue to be at record high levels and help is very much welcome in trying to resolve them. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.5 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.5 M3 is in QA
- YP 3.5 M3 Release date 2022/03/04
- YP 3.5 M4 build date 2022/04/04
- YP 3.5 M4 Release date 2022/04/29
Upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.3.5 is released
- YP 3.1.15 build date 2022/03/14
- YP 3.1.15 Release date 2022/03/25
- YP 3.4.3 build date 2022/03/21
- YP 3.4.3 Release date 2022/04/01
- YP 3.3.6 build date 2022/03/28
- YP 3.3.6 Release date 2022/04/08
- YP 3.1.16 build date 2022/04/25
- YP 3.1.16 Release date 2022/05/06
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.