Current Dev Position: YP 3.5 M3
Next Deadline: 21th Feb. 2022 YP 3.5 M3 build
Next Team Meetings:
- YP 3.5 M2 has passed QA with one bug highlighted (14708). Due to vacations in Asia the release, if approved, will be made next week.
- YP 3.1.14 is ready for QA but the release will also be delayed until next week.
- Upstream glibc are now planning to remove prelink support in 2.36. I think we will still want to remove prelink from OE-Core before our next release though, particularly as it is an LTS.
- An email proposing inclusive language changes for bitbake and OE-Core has been sent to the community for review. The aim is to implement this before M3.
- We are seeing networking issues during image testing on the centos8/stream8 workers, possibly due to recent changes in the distro. Help with debugging this welcome.
- We have also realized there is an issue with hash equivalence where the current mechanism will not account for different headers inside the sysroot added through indirect dependencies (e.g. linux-libc-headers via glibc). This means something like rtcwake in util-linux which uses rtc.h can have differing debug symbols due to differing line numbers yet otherwise be identical. There is a potential fix with downsides in master-next.
- CVE metrics are still under control for master with pending patches accounted for (thanks Ross!) but work still remains on the various stable branches which have high counts.
- Intermittent issues continue to be at record high levels and help is very much welcome in trying to resolve them. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
In particular, we’re struggling to understand the intermittent network issue with external hosts we’re seeing very occasionally.
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.5 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.5 M2 is out of QA
- YP 3.5 M3 build date 2022/02/21
- YP 3.5 M3 Release date 2022/03/04
- YP 3.5 M4 build date 2022/04/04
- YP 3.5 M4 Release date 2022/04/29
Upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.1.14 is built
- YP 3.1.14 Release date 2022/02/04
- YP 3.4.2 build date 2022/02/07
- YP 3.4.2 Release date 2022/02/18
- YP 3.3.5 build date 2022/02/14
- YP 3.3.5 Release date 2022/02/25
- YP 3.1.15 build date 2022/03/14
- YP 3.1.15 Release date 2022/03/25
- YP 3.4.3 build date 2022/03/21
- YP 3.4.3 Release date 2022/04/01
- YP 3.3.6 build date 2022/03/28
- YP 3.3.6 Release date 2022/04/08
- YP 3.1.16 build date 2022/04/25
- YP 3.1.16 Release date 2022/05/06
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...