toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
On 08.12.21 10:26, Beek, Léon van de wrote:
My situation is as follows:
* Using Kas container to build and enable easy CI, I have 2 .yaml
files creating my 2 builds for 2 different machines: RaspberryPi and
* Qemu yaml file does not contain meta-raspberrypi repo
* Custom distro that extends poky has a script rpi-cmdline.bbappend
that appends script with the same name from meta-raspberrypi
* Rpi-cmdline.bbappend is used to simply add 2 kernel commands to
* Rpi-cmdline.bbappend contains line on top with: COMPATIBLE_MACHINE =
When running the Qemu build, Bitbake will say that the default .bb file is not present for the rpi-cmdline.bbappend script, which of course is true, but I don’t want to include the meta-raspberrypi repo in my sources for this build as well.
It seems like the “COMPATIBLE_MACHINE = "^rpi$"” is only regarded after parsing the script, which still requires the default script to be present.
I’ve searched the internet but have not found a way of achieving my goal so far, so my question is:
Is there any way of having this .bbappend file present without the default .bb file there? Or maybe there is a better solution to add kernel command parameters to cmdline without using this rpi only script?
Thanks in advance.
Léon van de Beek