Re: preempt-rt

Monsees, Steven C (US)

Cannot…

Generic preempt-rt patch bbappend should be enough…

From: Leon Woestenberg <leon@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 8:59 AM
To: Monsees, Steven C (US) <steven.monsees@...>
Cc: yocto@...
Subject: Re: [yocto] preempt-rt

External Email Alert

This email has been sent from an account outside of the BAE Systems network.

Please treat the email with caution, especially if you are requested to click on a link, decrypt/open an attachment, or enable macros.  For further information on how to spot phishing, access “Cybersecurity OneSpace Page” and report phishing by clicking the button “Report Phishing” on the Outlook toolbar.

Hello Steve,

On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 at 13:44, Monsees, Steven C (US) via lists.yoctoproject.org <steven.monsees=baesystems.com@...> wrote:

I have a platform based off a aarm64 Xilinx based kernel, which is not a compliant mainline kernel… so, I will need to go the preemp-rt patch route.

Depends, no mainline kernel? Vendor kernel?

Can you share the machine name? Might be supported already in a layer with -rt.

Regards,

Leon

Leon Woestenberg
leon@...