Re: bbappend usage

Monsees, Steven C (US)

I am looking to selectively remove portions of 1or 2 components I will not be using from my running image

-----Original Message-----
From: yocto@... <yocto@...> On Behalf Of Leon Woestenberg
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2021 9:12 AM
To: Monsees, Steven C (US) <steven.monsees@...>
Cc: yocto@...
Subject: Re: [yocto] bbappend usage

External Email Alert

This email has been sent from an account outside of the BAE Systems network.

Please treat the email with caution, especially if you are requested to click on a link, decrypt/open an attachment, or enable macros. For further information on how to spot phishing, access “Cybersecurity OneSpace Page” and report phishing by clicking the button “Report Phishing” on the Outlook toolbar.

Hello Steve,

Is the approach where you remove the recipes from the image an option?
Is there a reason why you want to build the recipes that you do not want to appear in your image?

Regards,

Leon.

--
Leon Woestenberg
leon@...

Sidebranch Embedded Systems
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
http://www.sidebranch.com

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 2:55 PM Monsees, Steven C (US) via lists.yoctoproject.org <steven.monsees=baesystems.com@...> wrote:

Hello:

If I am building an image “image-ABC”, and it is composed of a number
recipes, and for some of these recipes I may NOT want to install their
final components within my image…

Which is the best place to modify the build with bbappend ?

Would I modify a recipe’s do_install (do_install_append-recipe_xyz) ?, or would I modify the image recipe (do_install_append-image_ABC) I am leaning this way to avoid cases where the component recipes might have bbappends in place already ?

Looking for the proper Yocto way…

Thanks,

Steve