Re: #zeus meta-intel #zeus

Anuj Mittal

On Fri, 2021-10-08 at 16:10 +0000, Monsees, Steven C (US) via
lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:

Sorry for my ignorance, but I am missing your point, what exactly
does the recipe provide when built, intel-opencl-icd ?, will it pull
in igc ?
It will pull in igc. There's a separate recipe for igc in meta-intel.
compute-runtime will provide intel-opencl-icd but the package name is
different.

You can try building the recipe.

Thanks,

Anuj

-----Original Message-----
From: Mittal, Anuj <anuj.mittal@intel.com>
Sent: Friday, October 8, 2021 12:01 PM
To: Monsees, Steven C (US) <steven.monsees@baesystems.com>;
yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] #zeus meta-intel

External Email Alert

This email has been sent from an account outside of the BAE Systems
network.

Please treat the email with caution, especially if you are requested
to click on a link, decrypt/open an attachment, or enable macros.
For further information on how to spot phishing, access
“Cybersecurity OneSpace Page” and report phishing by clicking the
button “Report Phishing” on the Outlook toolbar.

Sorry, I didn't understand the question. If you want to know which
version of OpenCL is supported, please see the README for version
that you're building. Also see:

https://github.com/intel/compute-runtime/blob/master/opencl/doc/FAQ.md

Thanks,

Anuj

On Fri, 2021-10-08 at 15:30 +0000, Monsees, Steven C (US) wrote:

Thank you, just for clarification ...

"Building the Neo driver", does that mean no OpenCL library support
?

This email has been sent from an account outside of the BAE Systems
network.

Please treat the email with caution, especially if you are
requested
to click on a link, decrypt/open an attachment, or enable macros.
For
further information on how to spot phishing, access “Cybersecurity
OneSpace Page” and report phishing by clicking the button “Report
Phishing” on the Outlook toolbar.

On Thu, 2021-10-07 at 16:20 +0000, Monsees, Steven C (US) via
lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:

I am looking at “meta-intel/dynamic-layers/clang-layer/recipes-
opencl/compute-runtime”
I have been “told” that this compute-runtime recipe should
basically
build opencl (Neo) with all the required dependencies… I did not
think Yocto had support for OpenCL, and was looking to build Neo
under the SDK.

(1)   Is this true, does meta-intell under zeus now support
building
OpenCL and the OpenCL Graphics compiler under Yocto ?
compute-runtime recipe would allow you to build NEO driver. zeus is
no
longer maintained so the version there is old and not tested now
but
it should still build.

(2)   Of so, what would be the proper way to pull this into my
yocto
build ?
Including meta-intel and meta-clang in bblayers should be enough.

Thanks,

Anuj