- Yocto Project Status WW35`21
Yocto Project Status WW35`21
Current Dev Position: YP 3.4 M3 (Feature Freeze)
Next Deadline: 23rd Aug. 2021 YP 3.4 M3 build (Feature Freeze)
Next Team Meetings:
- We are now at feature freeze for YP 3.4
- Rust was merged into core, it was touch and go whether we could/would or not. Unfortunately there was an error found after merging with cargo-native on centos7 hosts which we still need to resolve before building M3.
- Fixes for glibc 2.34 and pseudo were merged however this uses a binary shim and isn’t an ideal way to solve the issues. We need to find a way to have active development on pseudo with investigation into possible replacement approaches.
- A kernel issue introduced in recent kernel module versioning changes needs to resolved before we can build M3.
- The glibc 2.34 upgrade caused issues with docker and the clone3 syscall returning EPERM instead of ENOSYS. We will likely have to add a workaround to our glibc until released versions of docker have the upstream fix.
- Intermittent issues are ongoing and help is very much welcome on these issues. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.4 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.4 M3 build date 2021/08/23 (Feature Freeze)
- YP 3.4 M3 Release date 2021/09/03
- YP 3.4 M4 build date 2021/10/04
- YP 3.4 M4 Release date 2021/10/29
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.1.11 build date 2021/09/13
- YP 3.1.11 release date 2021/9/24
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...
Join email@example.com to automatically receive all group messages.