Current Dev Position: YP 3.4 M3
Next Deadline: 23rd Aug. 2021 YP 3.4 M3 build (Feature Freeze)
Next Team Meetings:
- YP 3.3.2 was released
- YP 3.1.10 is due to be released imminently
- OE-Core has moved to the new override syntax and is now only compatible with the honister release series. Other layers will need to migrate to the new syntax to work with it. There is documentation about handling migration to the new syntax in the migration section of the manual:
- There has been at least one important bug fix to the overrides syntax change in OE-Core but in general layers do seem to be migrating over and there has been a lot of positive feedback about making this change from a readability perspective. Some additional variables were converted for consistency too.
- In the last week long standing bugs were fixed, such as being able to use the devupstream class with natively extended recipes, some bitbake hangs in unusual situations with cleanups to the error paths around this and improvements to LTO with regard to binary reproducibility.
- The prserv rewrite is making progress but still has some issues with python asyncio.
- Intermittent issues are ongoing, particularly ptest ones. Help is very much welcome on these issues. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
- The multiconfig changes pending in master-next for a long time were merged as the approach used is better overall. If anyone still sees multiconfig scheduling bugs, please report those.
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.4 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.4 M3 build date 2021/08/23 (Feature Freeze)
- YP 3.4 M3 Release date 2021/09/03
- YP 3.4 M4 build date 2021/10/04
- YP 3.4 M4 Release date 2021/10/29
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.3.2 is released
- YP 3.1.10 is out of QA.
- YP 3.1.10 release date 2021/08/06
- YP 3.1.11 build date 2021/09/13
- YP 3.1.11 release date 2021/9/24
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...