- Yocto Project Status WW29`21
Yocto Project Status WW29`21
Current Dev Position: YP 3.4 M2
Next Deadline: 12th July 2021 YP 3.4 M2 build
Next Team Meetings:
- We plan to build M2 this week once we have pzstd included in the buildtools tarball
- Once M2 is built, 3.3.2 will follow into QA.
- There are proposals to add lz4c, zstd and pzstd as required host commands which we hope will allow better data archiving for license information and possibly for bitbake hash debugging too.
- There are proposals and discussions on the architecture list around improving the syntax for overrides in the metadata. This would be a major change of a type we haven’t make in a while. The proposal includes the option of allowing the syntax in older bitbake versions to make metadata compatibility easier. Please comment on those discussions on the list if you have opinions on this.
- The prserv rewrite is still pending on resolving the issues with python asyncio.
- Intermittent issues are ongoing, particularly ptest ones. Help is very much welcome on these issues. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
- The multiconfig changes in bitbake continue to cause problems, we still need simpler test cases to reproduce issues rather than huge builds. The existing patches seem to fix some workloads and break others and current test cases are very slow to work with.
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.4 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.4 M2 build date 2021/07/12
- YP 3.4 M2 Release date 2021/07/23
- YP 3.4 M3 build date 2021/08/23 (Feature Freeze)
- YP 3.4 M3 Release date 2021/09/03
- YP 3.4 M4 build date 2021/10/04
- YP 3.4 M4 Release date 2021/10/29
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.3.2 build date 2021/07/19
- YP 3.3.2 release date 2021/07/30
- YP 3.1.10 build date 2021/07/26
- YP 3.1.10 release date 2021/08/06
- YP 3.1.11 build date 2021/09/13
- YP 3.1.11 release date 2021/9/24
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.