- Yocto Project Status WW28`21
Yocto Project Status WW28`21
Current Dev Position: YP 3.4 M2
Next Deadline: 12th July 2021 YP 3.4 M2 build
Next Team Meetings:
- An issue with eSDK being host specific due to pseudo-native host dependencies has been resolved and this should resolve a number of bugs being reported by the community around use of the eSDK.
- The prserv rewrite is still pending on resolving the issues with python asyncio.
- We are continuing to make progress on the intermittent autobuilder failures. A race was identified in the qemu networking lock handling and there were some reproducibility fixes. Tweaks have been made to the autobuilder configuration such as avoiding key generation in more cases which it is believed may have been running into entropy shortages on the hosts, or just hitting CPU load issues. Some ptest improvements have also been made.
- Despite this progress, we continue to see intermittent issues, particularly ptest ones. Help is very much welcome on these issues. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
- The multiconfig changes in bitbake continue to cause problems, we still need simpler test cases to reproduce issues rather than huge builds. The existing patches seem to fix some workloads and break others and current test cases are very slow to work with.
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.4 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.4 M2 build date 2021/07/12
- YP 3.4 M2 Release date 2021/07/23
- YP 3.4 M3 build date 2021/08/23 (Feature Freeze)
- YP 3.4 M3 Release date 2021/09/03
- YP 3.4 M4 build date 2021/10/04
- YP 3.4 M4 Release date 2021/10/29
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.3.2 build date 2021/07/19
- YP 3.3.2 release date 2021/07/30
- YP 3.1.10 build date 2021/07/26
- YP 3.1.10 release date 2021/08/06
- YP 3.1.11 build date 2021/09/13
- YP 3.1.11 release date 2021/9/24
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...
Join email@example.com to automatically receive all group messages.