- Yocto Project Status WW27`21
Yocto Project Status WW27`21
Current Dev Position: YP 3.4 M2
Next Deadline: 12th July 2021 YP 3.4 M2 build
Next Team Meetings:
- YP 3.1.9 was released.
- The prserv rewrite is still pending on resolving the issues with python asyncio.
- Alexandre Belloni/Bootlin have been taking over some of the patch testing/queuing work over the last couple of weeks, feedback to either Richard/Alexandre or the TSC on how this is working is welcome.
- Intermittent autobuilder issues continue to occur, about 50% of the open issues are now ptest failures, many occurring more frequently on arm and the rest are various other races or timeouts. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
- We have made progress on a couple of the race issues and on one of the ptest issues (util-linux), some of the ptest issues and the bitbake server timeout issue are now our most frequently encountered issues.
- A rootfs license race issue (#14123) now has reproduction steps which should allow a fix to follow.
- The multiconfig changes in bitbake continue to cause problems, we still need simpler test cases to reproduce issues rather than huge builds. The existing patches seem to fix some workloads and break others and current test cases are very slow to work with.
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.4 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.4 M2 build date 2021/07/12
- YP 3.4 M2 Release date 2021/07/23
- YP 3.4 M3 build date 2021/08/23 (Feature Freeze)
- YP 3.4 M3 Release date 2021/09/03
- YP 3.4 M4 build date 2021/10/04
- YP 3.4 M4 Release date 2021/10/29
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.1.9 is released
- YP 3.3.2 build date 2021/07/19
- YP 3.3.2 release date 2021/07/30
- YP 3.1.10 build date 2021/07/26
- YP 3.1.10 release date 2021/08/06
- YP 3.1.11 build date 2021/09/13
- YP 3.1.11 release date 2021/9/24
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.