- Yocto Project Status WW26`21
Yocto Project Status WW26`21
Current Dev Position: YP 3.4 M2
Next Deadline: 12th July 2021 YP 3.4 M2 build
Next Team Meetings:
- YP 3.1.9 has been through QA and is awaiting release approval, no blocking issues were identified.
- YP 3.4 M1 was released.
- Significantly for the project, we have now identified a kernel hang caused from RCU stalls which has been plaguing our autobuilder testing for months. The issue is still open in upstream mainline kernels but there is a patch queued in the rcu tree for it. Since applying this patch to linux-yocto, our builds have been noticeably greener and more stable. We have closed out many of the related AB-INT bugs and will be creating new ones for any remaining issues as they occur since it is hard to tell some other bugs apart from the RCU issue.
- The prserv rewrite to use asyncio is stuck on autobuilder hangs when testing at larger scale. We’d welcome help from anyone with more details asyncio knowledge/experience as it is looking like the new code isn’t entirely stable in python 3.5/3.6 and may have “at exit” issues, as well as perhaps issues mixing async io code on the client side with multiprocessing during parsing.
- There does still seem to be an arm specific LTP hang reading /proc/kmsg now tracked by bug 14460.
- The multiconfig changes in bitbake continue to cause problems, we still need simpler test cases to reproduce issues rather than huge builds. The existing patches seem to fix some workloads and break others. Richard is trying to fix but trying to fix autobuilder issues and other problems and these are slow builds to debug.
- Intermittent autobuilder issues continue to occur, about 50% of the open issues are now ptest failures and the rest are various other races or timeouts. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.4 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.4 M1 is released
- YP 3.4 M2 build date 2021/07/12
- YP 3.4 M2 Release date 2021/07/23
- YP 3.4 M3 build date 2021/08/23 (Feature Freeze)
- YP 3.4 M3 Release date 2021/09/03
- YP 3.4 M4 build date 2021/10/04
- YP 3.4 M4 Release date 2021/10/29
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.1.9 is under review
- YP 3.3.2 build date 2021/07/19
- YP 3.3.2 release date 2021/07/30
- YP 3.1.10 build date 2021/07/26
- YP 3.1.10 release date 2021/08/06
- YP 3.1.11 build date 2021/09/13
- YP 3.1.11 release date 2021/9/24
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...
Join email@example.com to automatically receive all group messages.