Current Dev Position: YP 3.4 M1
Next Deadline: 7th June 2021 YP 3.4 M1 build
Next Team Meetings:
- YP 3.2.4 is due to build this week which would be the final release in the 3.2 series.
- We are pleased to announce that our April 2022 release (potentially 3.5) will be the next LTS as per our original two year schedule. If there are features desired in the next LTS, now is the time to get them submitted and stabilized ready.
- Patches are now flowing into master for 3.4 for M1 which is now undergoing active development.
- We upgraded to gcc 11, thanks Khem for a lot of work in getting up ready to do that!
- A couple of key fixes for multiconfig builds were added to bitbake.
- A new uninative version was released to address issues found in patchelf with some native binaries, particularly when gold was used as a linker due to differing note section alignment values.
- Intermittent autobuilder issues continue to occur and are now at a record high level. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
We are working to identify the load pattern on the infrastructure that seems to trigger these.
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.4 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.4 M1 build date 2021/06/07
- YP 3.4 M1 Release date 2021/06/18
- YP 3.4 M2 build date 2021/07/12
- YP 3.4 M2 Release date 2021/07/23
- YP 3.4 M3 build date 2021/08/23
- YP 3.4 M3 Release date 2021/09/03
- YP 3.4 M4 build date 2021/10/04
- YP 3.4 M4 Release date 2021/10/29
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.2.4 build date 2021/05/3
- YP 3.2.4 release date 2021/05/14
- YP 3.3.1 build date 2021/05/17
- YP 3.3.1 release date 2021/05/28
- YP 3.1.8 build date 2021/05/24
- YP 3.1.8 release date 2021/06/04
- YP 3.1.9 build date 2021/06/21
- YP 3.1.9 release date 2021/07/02
- YP 3.3.2 build date 2021/07/19
- YP 3.3.2 release date 2021/07/30
- YP 3.1.10 build date 2021/07/26
- YP 3.1.10 release date 2021/08/06
- YP 3.1.11 build date 2021/09/13
- YP 3.1.11 release date 2021/9/24
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...