Re: Howto read bitbake -g files?

Mauro Ziliani

Thank you for the answer.
I analyze the problem.

opencv_3.1.bb installs many debug packages by PACKAGES variable

Removing unneeded packages for PACKAGES every *-devĀ  packages disappears from production image.

MZ

On mar 25 2021, at 7:34 pm, Khem Raj <raj.khem@...> wrote:

On 3/25/21 3:37 AM, Mauro Ziliani wrote:
> An example about my question
>
> Inside package-depends.dot I see this
>
> "opencv-dev" [label="opencv-dev(opencv)
> :3.1+gitAUTOINC+92387b1ef8-r0\n/Sources/softfx/krogoth/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-support/opencv/opencv_3.1.bb"]
>
> I need to remote opencv-dev from final image.
>
> In pn-depends.dot I see
>
> "opencv" -> "opencv-dev" [style=dashed]

this should only happen if opencv-dev has a .so which is not a symlink
and there is a program in opencv package which depends on it. Can you
expand the content of opencv-dev and see whats in there ?
secondly you can also look at content of opencv package and readelf -d
over the binaries in it and see if some binary is dependent on .so from
-dev package.

you can do this inside opencv build tree under packages-split/ area.
of a built tree.