Current Dev Position: YP 3.3 M4 (Feature Freeze)
Next Deadline: 5th April 2021 YP 3.3 M4 build
Next Team Meetings:
- YP 3.3 M3 has been built and is now in QA.
- We were able to track down the parsing performance regressions and patches in master have addressed those (thanks Peter).
- We have merged REQUIRED_VERSION support to bitbake which works in a similar way to PREFERRED_VERSION but is a mandatory directive rather than optional.
- Reproducibility has improved again with ltp fixed, perf fixed and fixes pending for meson and ovmf. This leaves ruby-docs and the Go Language issues,
- qemuppc64 and qemuriscv32 machines were added. These are not officially supported/tested but have been added to oe-core to allow development to focus around them rather than happening ad hoc externally. For official support of these platforms there would need to be some funding for the autobuilder resources needed through project members sponsoring that work.
- A new Azure Storage fetcher was added to bitbake.
- “Pending” state patch review is still needed, we have some really old stale ones which really need decisions to be made about their future. It would help a lot if recipe maintainers could review recipe patchsets and upstream them or remove them if they are no longer relevant.
- Intermittent autobuilder issues continue to occur and are now at a record high level. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
We are working to identify the load pattern on the infrastructure that seems to trigger these. We have seen a sharp rise in numbers of issues with the new more rigorous swat process.
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.3 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.3 M3 is in QA
- YP 3.3 M3 Release date 2021/03/12
- YP 3.3 M4 build date 2021/04/05
- YP 3.3 M4 Release date 2021/04/30
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.2.3 build date 2021/03/22
- YP 3.2.3 release date 2021/04/02
- YP 3.1.7 build date 2021/03/29
- YP 3.1.7 release date 2021/04/09
- YP 3.2.4 build date 2021/05/3
- YP 3.2.4 release date 2021/05/14
- YP 3.1.8 build date 2021/05/17
- YP 3.1.8 release date 2021/05/28
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...