Re: Reducing the perl footprint on my image

Diego Santa Cruz

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Purdie <richard.purdie@...>
Sent: 02 March 2021 21:50
To: Diego Santa Cruz <Diego.SantaCruz@...>;
steve@...
Cc: rustyhowell@...; Yocto (yocto@...)
<yocto@...>
Subject: Re: [yocto] Reducing the perl footprint on my image
[...]
So I locally extended the rpm recipe to split those tools into rpm-build,
rpm-sign and rpm-archive and skip those packages in the image. I should
probably send patches for that to oe-core. Is that something that could
be accepted?
Not sure they need to go to separate packages but moving those
three to some kind of "build" package would make a lot of sense
to me at least.
I'll be sending a patch to split it then. Having the sign and archive in separate packages allows to skip their dependencies in images too, and they are not really related to the rpm build part and the complexity delta is minimal; usually there is no need to have rpm-sign in a target image nor rpm2archive if the archive PACKAGECONFIG is enabled.

Best,
Diego

--
Diego Santa Cruz, PhD