Current Dev Position: YP 3.3 Feature Freeze
Next Deadline: 1st March 2021 YP 3.3 M3 build
Next Team Meetings:
- YP 3.2.2 and YP 3.1.6 were released.
- YP 3.3 M3 is due to build soon, we are now at feature freeze
- Reproducibility has improved over the last week with a number of fixes added meaning the exclusion list has been significantly reduced. Many of the fixes were accepted by upstream projects too. The remaining reproducibility issues now have bugs open in bugzilla. In particular, meson and ruby have intermittent issues, perf and ovmf have hardcoded path problems and ltp whilst improved, still appears to have issues.
- Infrastructure issues around diffoscope and performance of reproducibility tests have been fixed, both by us and upstream diffoscope which should resolve delays in builds and improve testing throughput.
- Looking through some of the patches in the “Pending” state, we have some really old stale ones which really need decisions to be made about their future. It would help a lot if recipe maintainers could review recipe patchsets and upstream them or remove them if they are no longer relevant.
- Intermittent autobuilder issues continue to occur and are now at a record high level. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.3 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.3 M3 build date 2021/03/01
- YP 3.3 M3 Release date 2021/03/12
- YP 3.3 M4 build date 2021/04/05
- YP 3.3 M4 Release date 2021/04/30
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.2.2 is released.
- YP 3.1.6 is released.
- YP 3.2.3 build date 2021/03/15
- YP 3.2.3 release date 2021/03/26
- YP 3.1.7 build date 2021/03/29
- YP 3.1.7 release date 2021/04/09
- YP 3.2.4 build date 2021/05/3
- YP 3.2.4 release date 2021/05/14
- YP 3.1.8 build date 2021/05/17
- YP 3.1.8 release date 2021/05/28
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...