Re: BB_HASHBASE_WHITELIST

Monsees, Steven C (US)

Thanks, will try it out...

-----Original Message-----
From: Quentin Schulz <quentin.schulz@streamunlimited.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 8:42 AM
To: Monsees, Steven C (US) <steven.monsees@baesystems.com>
Cc: yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] BB_HASHBASE_WHITELIST

External Email Alert

This email has been sent from an account outside of the BAE Systems network.

Please treat the email with caution, especially if you are requested to click on a link, decrypt/open an attachment, or enable macros. For further information on how to spot phishing, access “Cybersecurity OneSpace Page” and report phishing by clicking the button “Report Phishing” on the Outlook toolbar.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 01:37:18PM +0000, Monsees, Steven C (US) via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:

Where and when is it appropriate to add to/modify BB_HASHBASE_WHITELIST " ?

I tried to do : BB_HASHBASE_WHITELIST += "BB_TRACE" in my local.conf but it ended up replacing existing list with just "BB_TRACE"...
In local.conf, one usually wants to use _append instead of += since local.conf is parsed pretty early, += will override current values set with ?= or ??=. It might also be overridden if = is used in recipes/conf files.

StreamUnlimited Engineering GmbH
High Tech Campus Vienna, Gutheil-Schoder-Gasse 10, 1100 Vienna, Austria
Fax: +43 1 667 20 02 4401
quentin.schulz@streamunlimited.com, www.streamunlimited.com