Re: chpasswd not working in yocto-2019

Raghu Icecraft Software Trainings

Paul,
Thanks for the reply.
I am using Xilinx-SDK based : Linux version 4.19.0-rt1-xilinx-v2019.1

Can you please let me know how to verify the yocto version running on target.

Thanks,
Raghu

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 5:31 PM Paul Barker <pbarker@...> wrote:
On Mon, 28 Dec 2020 at 09:44, Raghu Icecraft Software Trainings
<raghu.icecraft@...> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have upgraded my kernel poky to 2019.1 version, here i am unable to find chpasswd utility because of which i am unable to set password to my root-user.
> Can you please let me know if the chpasswd utility has been changed or modified please.

Yocto Project doesn't have a version "2019.1", see
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Releases.

I guess you're using a vendor supplied BSP or SDK with that version
number. Could you provide the Yocto Project version number and the
layers in use, or at least give some more info on where your "2019.1"
release is from.

Paul Barker
Konsulko Group