Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Yocto Project 3.2.1 (gatesgarth-24.0.1) is Released

Peter Kjellerstedt

-----Original Message-----
From: Mittal, Anuj <anuj.mittal@...>
Sent: den 22 december 2020 17:55
To: Tummalapalli, Vineela <vineela.tummalapalli@...>; Peter
Kjellerstedt <peter.kjellerstedt@...>
Cc: yocto@...
Subject: Re: [yocto] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Yocto Project 3.2.1 (gatesgarth-
24.0.1) is Released

On Tue, 2020-12-15 at 23:07 +0000, Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:
Repository Name: meta-gplv2
Repository Location: https://git.yoctoproject.org/git/meta-gplv2
Branch: gatesgarth
Tag: yocto-3.2.1
The yocto-3.2.1 and gatesgarth-24.0.1 tags for meta-gplv2 have been
incorrectly
set on the dunfell branch rather than the gatesgarth branch. The Git
revision
and tar balls below are correct though. Since the tags are signed I
do now want
to modify them myself, so please correct them as soon as possible.
Vineela isn't working this week I think so she might not be able to
help but it looks like the commit tagged is on gatesgarth ...

https://git.yoctoproject.org/clean/cgit.cgi/meta-gplv2/log/?h=gatesgarth

$ git branch -a --contains yocto-3.2.1
* master
remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/master
remotes/origin/gatesgarth
remotes/origin/master
remotes/origin/master-next

Thanks,

Anuj
You are absolutely correct. It seems the tags were incorrect for an hour
when first created, and apparently our local Git mirror does not handle
tags being updated so it still provides the original (incorrect) tags.
Thank you for pointing out what was a problem on our side. I will take
it up with our SCM team.

//Peter