- Yocto Project Status WW49'20
Yocto Project Status WW49'20
Current Dev Position: YP 3.3 M2 development
Next Deadline: 18th January 2021 YP 3.3 M2 build
Next Team Meetings:
- YP 3.2.1 is in QA
- YP 3.1.4 was released
- YP 3.3 M1 is due to be built this week once patches currently queued stabilize
- YP 3.3 development in master is continuing as patches are reviewed, tested and merged with a focus on stabilization for M1.
- After patches due to merge imminently for M1, reproducible builds have taken a major step forward and we now have a specific exclusions list of packages which don’t build reproducibility. Thanks Alex for the work on this!
- Python3-pytest and its dependencies have merged to core due to our desire for more automated package testing and the fact it's a dependency for several recipes we need in core. Thanks Tim!
- CVE statistics have regressed slightly for master as we’ve changed the matching algorithms and more CVEs were ‘identified’ including several many years old and likely not relevant. We’ll work on resolving these over time but the trend continues to be a significant reduction over time.
- Intermittent autobuilder issues continue to occur. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.3 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.3 M1 build date 2020/12/07
- YP 3.3 M1 Release date 2020/12/18
- YP 3.3 M2 build date 2021/01/18
- YP 3.3 M2 Release date 2021/01/29
- YP 3.3 M3 build date 2021/03/01
- YP 3.3 M3 Release date 2021/03/12
- YP 3.3 M4 build date 2021/04/05
- YP 3.3 M4 Release date 2021/04/30
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.1.4 is released.
- YP 3.2.1 is in QA.
- YP 3.2.1 release date 2020/12/4
- YP 3.1.5 build date 2021/01/11
- YP 3.1.5 release date 2021/01/22
- YP 3.2.2 build date 2021/02/08
- YP 3.2.2 release date 2021/02/19
- YP 3.1.6 build date 2021/02/22
- YP 3.1.6 release date 2021/03/05
- YP 3.1.7 build date 2021/03/22
- YP 3.1.7 release date 2021/04/02
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.