Re: Yocto AWS MQTT: ssl.SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate is not yet valid (_ssl.c:1108) #python

Diego Santa Cruz

Hi there,

From: yocto@... <yocto@...> On Behalf Of vijayrakeshmunganda via lists.yoctoproject.org
Sent: 27 November 2020 09:47
To: yocto@...
Subject: [yocto] Yocto AWS MQTT: ssl.SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate is not yet valid (_ssl.c:1108) #python

Hi,

I'm new to Yocto project. I'm running basic MQTT publish code in python, when I run my code I got error as, "ssl.SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate is not yet valid (_ssl.c:1108)". I had downloaded activated certificates from AWS, but I don't why I'm getting this error. I'm I missing any package or anything? Please help me in this regard, thank you.
Thanks & Regards,
VR

The “certificate is not yet valid” message makes me think that you may have a date in the past in your system, check the date and time with “date” to do proper certificate validation you need to make arrangements to have the date and time on your target set properly, either you can trust the RTC to have the correct time or you need something like ntp.

Best,

Diego
--
Diego Santa Cruz, PhD