Re: #yocto overriding a task in a recipe #yocto

Monsees, Steven C (US)

Thanks... that's what I saw this morning...

-----Original Message-----
From: yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org [mailto:yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org] On Behalf Of Khem Raj
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2020 12:34 PM
To: Monsees, Steven C (US) <steven.monsees@baesystems.com>; yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] #yocto overriding a task in a recipe

*** WARNING ***
EXTERNAL EMAIL -- This message originates from outside our organization.

On 11/5/20 4:13 AM, Monsees, Steven C (US) via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
If a recipe has a task "do_something() {...stuff...}", and for some reason
I do not want that task to execute its steps, but a different series
of steps, can I over-ride the task from a .bbapend by supplying the
same routine with different steps ("do_something() {...new stuff...}") ?
it depends, if the task is having appends etc. they will still be applied. but main task you can override.

Thanks,

Steve