Re: readonly rootfs -> make files writable

Yocto

Sent via BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox for Android

  Original Message

From: marek.belisko@...
Sent: October 22, 2020 12:53
To: yocto@...
Subject: [yocto] readonly rootfs -> make files writable

Hi,

I'm using the read-only rootfs feature on my system, but for some
packages which I'm integrating it makes trouble. I used volatile-binds
recipe to mount changes in overlayfs (on other partition) but after
reboot files are lost (when mount volatile directory). Another
approach which came to my mind is to symlink all files/dirs to other
partitions but to me it looks like overkill. Exists there some other
mechanism I can use to keep file preserved and still have readonly
rootfs functionality?

Thanks and BR,

Sounds like os-tree could be a good option here with immutable rootfs

marek

--
as simple and primitive as possible
Marek Belisko - OPEN-NANDRA