From: Khem Raj [mailto:raj.khem@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 1:15 AM
To: Monsees, Steven C (US) <steven.monsees@baesystems.com>
Cc: yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] #yocto #linux #systemd Having issues building command line utilities: ntpq, timedatectl, and ntpstat into kernel image

*** WARNING ***
EXTERNAL EMAIL -- This message originates from outside our organization.

what all functionality are you looking for. E.g. there is date utility and hwclock utility which can help you manipulate system time. you could also look into ntpd and/or chrony for Network time setting etc.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 11:05 AM Monsees, Steven C (US) via lists.yoctoproject.org <steven.monsees=baesystems.com@lists.yoctoproject.org> wrote:

Currently not using system as our default init system (investigating why but this might not be an option).

Is there any other utility I might use under Yocto to get similar data as that produced by timedatectl ?

Thanks,
Steve