Current Dev Position: YP 3.2 M4
Next Deadline: YP 3.2 M4 Feature Freeze - Now
Next Team Meetings:
- YP M3 rc2 has been through QA. We have resolved the beaglebone and bitbake UI issues, the ptest issues remain and need attention in M4. It is likely M3 rc2 will be released.
- YP 3.1.3 is currently going through QA.
- Unfortunately intermittent autobuilder issues, whilst reduced, do still remain.
- Issues with file mode corruption in pseudo have been identified and we’re concerned this may be going undetected in the majority of cases. The issue uncovered would explain several odd bugs we’ve seen over the last few years where file mode bits have disappeared. There are some experimental pseudo patches available that reduce the impact and frequency of these issues but as yet we don’t have a full solution. We’re hampered by a lack of a pseudo maintainer with both the availability and experience to be able to help.
- We continue to struggle with a number of autobuilder intermittent bugs. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
Help with any of these would be much appreciated, unfortunately it is proving hard to find anyone interested in helping figure these out and they significantly hamper our testing.
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.2 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.2 M3 is out of QA and should release soon.
- YP 3.2 M4 build date 2020/10/5
- YP 3.2 M4 Release date 2020/10/30
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.1.3 is built and in QA
- YP 3.1.4 build date 2020/11/2
- YP 3.1.4 release date 2020/11/13
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...