Re: File collision: same path from 2 recipes

Laurent Gauthier

Hehe, who needs a new command when you have already have "echo" :-)

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 2:59 PM Quentin Schulz <quentin.schulz@...> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 02:56:28PM +0200, Laurent Gauthier wrote:
> I would guess so.
>
> Here is a way to figure out all the packages in which your file is
> delivered (small trick that has proven quite useful for me to figure out
> which recipe/package provides a specific file):
>
> 1. cd <your-build-directory>
> 2. echo tmp/work/*/*/*/packages-split/*/etc/network/if-up,d/hostapd_restart
>
> This will show you which packages have the file
> "/etc/network/if-up,d/hostapd_restart".
>
> If you just want to check which recipe installs it (in case it is installed
> by the recipe, but not packaged):
>
> 1. cd <your-build-directory>
> 2. echo tmp/work/*/*/*/package/etc/network/if-up,d/hostapd_restart

If available in krogoth,
`oe-pkdata-util find-path /etc/network/if-up,d/hostapd_restart` does
this exact thing :)

Quentin

--
StreamUnlimited Engineering GmbH
High Tech Campus Vienna, Gutheil-Schoder-Gasse 10, 1100 Vienna, Austria