Re: Yocto,core-image-minimal for RPI4 #yocto #linux

Siddhartha V

Am soory paul,

 But i was actually trying to check if sdimage is generated or not. I was unaware of . wic. bz2 image. So suggested the above commands.

Sorry pankaj.

Thanks
Siddhartha V

On Fri, 29 May, 2020, 2:13 PM Paul Barker, <pbarker@...> wrote:
On Fri, 29 May 2020 at 09:23, Siddhartha V <Siddhuvgowda.18695@...> wrote:

> Please follow below steps to check the image.
>
> In build directory :
> to check the sdimage for installing on SD card.
>
> $: ls tmp/deploy/images/raspberrypi3/core-image-base-raspberrypi3.rpi-sdimg
>
> Check the image by running above command and then follow the steps i mentioned previously.

Siddhartha, you're confusing the issue here by giving inaccurate advice.

The original command posted by Pankaj was nearly correct: `sudo dd
if=core-image-minimal-raspberrypi4.wic.bz2 of=/dev/sdb`. The only
issue is that the data in the wic.bz2 file needs to be de-compressed
before writing to an SD card.

I recommend installing bmap-tools and using that to copy the data, it
handles decompression automatically and uses the block map in the
wic.bmap file to allow it to only write blocks which actually contain
data (saving lots of time that would be otherwise wasted writing
blocks of zeros). You can run `sudo bmaptool copy
core-image-minimal-raspberrypi4.wic.bz2 /dev/sdb`.

Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul Barker