Re: Guidance Downgrading Python2 in Zeus #python

MikeB

Thank you all.  The new layer did the trick for me also.

Regards, Mike

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 12:33 PM McKay, Sean <sean.mckay@...> wrote:

FYI, we’re doing the same internally (vendor supplied FIPS supported openssl 1.0.2), and the layer Armin suggests worked for us on zeus with minimal additional tweaking.

Good luck!

-Sean

From: yocto@... <yocto@...> On Behalf Of akuster
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 9:23 AM
To: MikeB <mabnhdev@...>; yocto@...
Subject: Re: [yocto] Guidance Downgrading Python2 in Zeus #python

On 4/15/20 9:16 AM, MikeB wrote:

I'm working on a set of platforms that have a FIPs certified OpenSSL.  We are at version 1.0.2l.

I've found that the new version of python in Zeus (2.7.17) requires a newer version of OpenSSL (1.1).

We really don't want to go through a new round of certification, so we want to keep our current OpenSSL (1.0.2l).

I think the easiest solution is to downgrade python 2 back to the version used by Sumo (2.7.15).

I know how to downgrade simple recipes, but python is far from simple.

Can someone give me some guidance on how to approach the downgrade of python2 in Zeus?

Have had a chance to look at this layer?
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-openssl102-fips/

- armin

Thanks, Mike