Re: QA notification for completed autobuilder build (yocto-3.1.rc2)

Vineela

Hello Richard,

-----Original Message-----
From: yocto@... <yocto@...> On Behalf Of Richard Purdie
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 2:12 PM
To: Jain, Sangeeta <sangeeta.jain@...>; yocto@...; Tummalapalli, Vineela <vineela.tummalapalli@...>; Paul Eggleton <bluelightning@...>
Cc: otavio@...; yi.zhao@...; Sangal, Apoorv <apoorv.sangal@...>; Yeoh, Ee Peng <ee.peng.yeoh@...>; Chan, Aaron Chun Yew <aaron.chun.yew.chan@...>; akuster808@...; sjolley.yp.pm@...
Subject: Re: [yocto] QA notification for completed autobuilder build (yocto-3.1.rc2)

Hi Sangeeta/Vineela,

On Sat, 2020-04-11 at 07:26 +0000, Jain, Sangeeta wrote:
This is the full report for yocto-3.1.rc2:
https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/yocto-testresults-contrib/t
ree/?h=intel-yocto-testresults

======= Summary ========
No high milestone defects.
No new defects are found in this cycle.

Note: Few failures are observed. These are setup issue since running
tests remotely, not real yocto issue.
Thanks for the QA run!

The TSC met today and this was one of the topics discussed. We would have time for another build and QA run but none of the queued changes or open bugs appear to be significant enough to warrant that.

We'd therefore like to proceed to release rc2 which will be slightly ahead of schedule and aim to have a prompt point release thereafter with the inevitable fixes as people start using it.

Paul (cc'd) is working on the release notes which is a ton of work and much appreciated, thanks Paul.

Vineela: Could you prepare the release so we're ready when we have the release notes please?
[Vineela]: Thank you for the update. Yes I'm preparing the release. After we get release notes, I have to get the testreport and release notes reviewed and approved by TSC. Once reviewed and approved, will get the tagging done and will be ready for the release announcement.
---
We're also pleased to say we do have an LTS maintainer lined up and that should be announced soon.