From: Khem Raj <raj.khem@...>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 2:44:21 AM
To: Ajam Ali <AjamA@...>
Cc: yocto@... <yocto@...>
Subject: Re: [yocto] Image size reduction

[CAUTION: This Email is from outside the Organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you trust the sender.]

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 9:29 AM Ajam Ali <ajama@...> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Actually my current image size is 3.9GB because of heavy size packages required by my project and without project required packages my image size in Yocto is 800MB.
>
> I want to reduce the image size as maximum as possible.
> Please suggest the best possible way so that I could reduce the maximum possible size(desirable below 1.5 GB).

Add INHERIT += "buildhistory" to local.conf and then do a build

Start looking at the buildhistory folder especially the size file
images/<machine>/glibc/<image-name>/installed-package-sizes.txt