Re: git fetcher: does not execute git fetch --tags or similar when HEAD has not changed

Alexander Kanavin

'devtool upgrade' updates SRCREV to match the version tag that you specify:

devtool upgrade -V <tag>

If you omit -V, it will upgrade to the latest tag. It updates PV as well. Why is it unsuitable for you?

Alex

On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 at 09:35, Matthias Schöpfer <matthias.schoepfer@...> wrote:
Hi Alexander,

does it solve the Problem of a SRCREV, that has been fetched (for
example for a _git testbuild) and now gets a tag applied and build with
the _<version> build. The problem is *not* that the yocto PV package is
wrong *nor* that the wrong version of the software gets build! The
problem is, that the tag does not get fetched and our software gets its
version from the git tags. Since this is very convenient to have the
version information in one place only, we will not change this.

Thanks and Regards,

   Matthias

--

Dr.-Ing. Matthias Schoepfer