Re: Uboot NetBoot IMX8

Laurent Gauthier

Hi all,

I would second what Nicolas pointed out:

* on the server side you want to make sure that you extract the rootfs tar file as user root.

Kind Regards, Laurent.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 8:43 AM Nicolas Jeker <n.jeker@...> wrote:
On Wed, 2020-03-11 at 00:39 +0000, Trevor wrote:
> > Mar 11 00:21:16 b2qt-b9-imx8mq mount[2611]: mount: only root can
> > use "--types" option (effective UID is 1000)
>

> The mount error seems prevalent across all the errors.  somehow UID
> is 1000 when it should be 0 during boot?

By googling the error message I found a thread where somebody has the
same question, but I wouldn't recommend following the advice there
(running the yocto build as root). How do you extract the root
filesystem to your NFS directory? Maybe something is wrong there and
the files get extracted with UID 1000 as owner. For reference, I use
this command which seems to work fine:

sudo tar --strip-components=1 -C /srv/nfs/rootfs -xf images/apalis-
imx6-mainline/Apalis-iMX6-Mainline_Image.rootfs.tar.xz

Also check that there are no setuid/setgid bits set.

> On the Host side, here are the /etc/exports options for NFS:
>  *(rw,sync,insecure,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash)

I'm using pretty much the same NFS options, the only difference I could
spot is an additional 'fsid=root' in my exports which is NFSv4
specific.

--
Laurent Gauthier
Phone: +33 630 483 429