- Yocto Project Status WW10'20
Yocto Project Status WW10'20
Current Dev Position: YP 3.1 M3 - At Feature Freeze, build pending
Next Deadline: YP 3.1 M3 build date 2/24/2020
Next Team Meetings:
- YP 3.1 has been announced as an LTS release: https://www.yoctoproject.org/yocto-project-long-term-support-announced/
- We are now past M3 feature freeze. The blocking issues continue to reduce, thanks to everyone who has contributed fixes. The remaining issues are:
- continued minor bugs with buildtools tarball integration
- coreutils ptest blocked on reproducibility issues with gcc-plugins
- SystemExit() intermittent selftest failure
- pseudo sysroot high priority bug
- There are significant changes proposed to bitbake’s logging structure to address concerns raised by hashequiv changes. These are currently in testing and are likely to become part of M3 given the timing, wider review is welcome.
- Recipe upgrades are now unlikely to be merged into 3.1 as we focus on stabilizing and bug fixing for the release
- Autobuilder build results continue to be a concern as we’re not getting green builds very often due to multiple varied issues.
YP 3.1 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.1 M3 build date 2/24/2020
- YP 3.1 M3 release date 3/6/2020
- YP 3.1 M4 build date 3/30/2020
- YP 3.1 M4 release date 4/24/2020
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.0.3 build date 5/4/2020
- YP 3.0.3 release date 5/15/2020
- YP 2.7.4 build date 5/18/2020
- YP 2.7.4 release date 5/29/2020
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...
Join email@example.com to automatically receive all group messages.