Re: Using "latest git" versions of recipes

Joel A Cohen

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 2:28 PM Martin Jansa <martin.jansa@...> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 02:10:15PM -0500, Joel A Cohen wrote:

> PV_pn-recipe1 = "1.0.1+git${SRCPV}"  # I'm not sure if this would actually
> work?

Yes, this is how SRCPV is supposed to be used, but you can have this in
the normal recipe without the override.

Everything else you said makes sense to me, but why would I want to append "+git${SRCPV}" to the actual recipe? Surely I only want to append the git suffix stuff if I'm using a "latest" version, and I want the PV to be set by the filename in the default case?

--Aaron