Re: how to reuse generated library in a nativesdk recipe #sdk #systemd

Martin Jansa

> DEPENDS_class-target += "systemd"

You surely meant
DEPENDS_append_class-target = " systemd"
here

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 10:48 PM Mikko Rapeli <mikko.rapeli@...> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 01:37:19AM -0800, Armando Hernandez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a recipe that builds a library. The recipe specifies an additional package "${PN}-systemd" along with other systemd related variables and finally it instructs that the package should be built with "-DWITH_SYSTEMD=ON" being passed to cmake. So far so good. But, I extended this recipe to nativesdk because I need this library on it. When trying to build the corresponding nativesdk package, the build fails at the configuration step (i.e. "do_configure") claiming it cannot find the package systemd.
>
> Is there a way I can install the -already-generated libraries into my SDK (potentially via the corresponding nativesdk recipe) without having to rebuild the package? Or do I need to somehow include such systemd package in my sdk (which I don't think I need at all)?
>
> Any hints and pointers as to were to look at are very well appreciated.
> Thanks.

Make the systemd dependency for target only, e.g. DEPENDS_class-target += "systemd"
etc.

There may be relevant use cases to build some of systemd components or tools
to native or nativesdk targets too. In that case add BBCLASSEXTEND += "nativesdk" etc
in a bbappend to systemd.

Hope this helps,

-Mikko