- Yocto Project Status WW07'20
Yocto Project Status WW07'20
Current Dev Position: YP 3.1 M3
Next Deadline: YP 3.1 M3 build date 2/24/2020
Next Team Meetings:
- The project recently updated its git hosting infrastructure and there were some issues encountered with the cgit http/https repository sharing. Those issues should now be resolved, apologies if they caused issues for anyone. The git:// protocol sharing was unaffected.
- YP 3.0.2 rc2 is in QA with the report due soon.
- We continue to see a small number of reproducibility issues with master which need resolving for green builds (in particular gstreamer and perl).
- A significant memory usage issue was identified during bitbake parsing where memory usage would grow in each parser thread linearly per number of recipes parsed. This would therefore particularly affect large numbers of layers, multilibs and multiconfig. The fix has merged into bitbake along with the corresponding zeus and warrior branches. For one test case it reduced peak memory usage during parsing for 5 multiconfigs from 20GB to 2GB.
- Warrior patches for 2.7.3 are out for review.
- With the git infrastructure issue updated, we now have centos8 workers added to the autobuilder.
- We are making various queued changes to the autobuilder configuration to fix bugs, improve efficiency and test coverage but this may result in some test result instability as we test and resolve issues.
- We’re collecting a list of companies, products and projects which use the Yocto Project on the wiki: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Project_Users Please add any you know are missing (or email Richard/Stephen who can add).
- The triage team is worried about attendance at triage meetings and the project is finding it hard to find people to help fix bugs. If anyone is willing to work on bugs, assistance would be greatly appreciated.
YP 3.1 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.1 M3 build date 2/24/2020
- YP 3.1 M3 release date 3/6/2020
- YP 3.1 M4 build date 3/30/2020
- YP 3.1 M4 release date 4/24/2020
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 2.7.3 built and in QA
- YP 2.7.3 release date 2/21/2020
- YP 3.0.2 build date 2/3/2020
- YP 3.0.2 release date 2/14/2020
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.