Re: Building and selecting multiple kernel versions

Ryan Harkin <ryan.harkin@...>

On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 at 10:02, Mike Looijmans <mike.looijmans@...> wrote:

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Embedded Products B.V.
Materiaalweg 4, 5681 RJ Best
The Netherlands

T: +31 (0) 499 33 69 69
E: mike.looijmans@...
W: www.topicproducts.com

On 04-02-2020 17:39, Quentin Schulz via Lists.Yoctoproject.Org wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 04, 2020 at 04:32:34PM +0000, Ryan Harkin wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> Actually, it does work like this:
>>
>> export MACHINE=xyz
>> bitbake image
>>
>> But not like this:
>>
>> MACHINE=xyz bitbake image
>>
>> No big deal, but I expected the last one to work.
>>

> I use it every day. I don't think we're doing something special (well,
> for that particular thing :D), so there's at least a way to make it work
> for sure :)

Same here, both interactive and in scripts.

Since the first works, you already have done this:
export BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE=MACHINE

Maybe there's something funky in your shell?
You could check with a command like:
MACHINE=x env | grep MACHINE

 It looks "normal":

$ MACHINE=x env | grep MACHINE
MACHINE=x

Of maybe somebody wrote a bitbake wrapper for you that forks python instead of
exec'ing it?

No, it's the regular bitbake.

I'm not too concerned about this problem anyway, I'm sure if it's a problem for me, I can work out who is overriding it.

Thanks,
Ryan