Re: Call for help for demo UPNP media renderer

Tian, Kevin <kevin.tian@...>

From: Tian, Kevin
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:31 AM

From: Darren Hart
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:24 AM

On 10/19/2010 05:16 PM, Joshua Lock wrote:
On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 01:04 +0100, Joshua Lock wrote:
On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 14:31 -0700, Saul Wold wrote:

Dongxiao,

Can you take a look at this since you have worked with the gstreamer?
I did a sloppy job pushing my changes when leaving the office but think
I have replicated most/all of the in the josh/demo branch.

I also took a look through the rygel code to see what gstreamer elements
are explicitly being used, I've created a list and tried to ensure as
many as possible of them are in the IMAGE_INSTALL list for
poky-image-rygel, adding them to the RDEPENDS for rygel doesn't appear
to have included them in the image I just created...

Full list of names of pipeline elements I found in the rygel code
follows:

decodebin2, videorate, videoscale, ffmpegcolorspace, ffenc_wmv1,
twolame, lame, mp3parse, ffenc_wmav2, convert-sink-pad,
ffenc_mpeg2video, audio-src-pad, audio-sink-pad, audio-enc-sink-pad,
sink, mpegtsmux, audioconvert, audioresample, audiorate, capsfilter,
audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, ffmux_asf
The image I just built with my latest changes in josh/demo worked!?!
Rygel did not segfault :-)

If you have time Dongxiao (or anyone else) I'd appreciate if you could
double-check my changes (my install_append in rygel to create a .config
isn't working, so you'll need to do that manually and run
rygel-preferences to disable the tracker plugin).
If you could test using Rygel as a renderer for some content served by
the mediatomb image, that would be much appreciated. You'll want
gupnp-av-cp as provided by gupnp-tools to control the renderer and
content server.
It is my udnerstanding that we plan to run both the renderer and the
gupnp-av-cp on each "player". That is an ARM BeagleBoard and a PowerPC
*unknown* board. Each will have a suitable display. Is this your
understanding/intention?
I guess Josh may go to bed now. :-)

btw, Darren, do we have to use real boards for the exercise? We don't have
those boards in PRC. Any limitations to use Qemu environments as the alternative
in our side?
Oops, we do have netbooks which I forgot. :-)

Thanks
Keivn

Also it'd be great if we have a detail list for demo steps. Is it included in the
demo branch?