Re: (How) did you script bitbake/set up nightly builds?

Alan

Thanks Ross
this is what more or less what I'm doing.
What I haven't found a way to do from python is making modifications from the initialized build directory.

I'd like to do that to change things in conf/local.conf.
For example generate DISTRO_VERSION from git describe --tags

That is something that needs to happen in between
. oe-init-build-env  and bitbake foo

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 1:02 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@...> wrote:
On 31 August 2018 at 11:57, Alexander Kanavin <alex.kanavin@...> wrote:
>> am just in the process of forming a base for automated nightly builds.
>> The goal is to have the build process run every night and report what
>>  the status was.
>>
>> I've opted for python for all the conditionals and checks  and then have
>> external
>> bash scripts that actually sets the environment and invokes bitbake.
>>
>> Did it like that because I didn't find a clean way so far to deal with
>>
>>     source oe/oe-init-build-env
>>
>> from python.
>>

>> Would like to hear how did you script bitbake and how does your setup look
>> like?
>
> I guess you should look at what the Yocto project itself is using:
>
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/yocto-autobuilder2/about/
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/yocto-autobuilder-helper/about/

Alex beat me to do this, but if you want something that does a lot
less then this is actually really simple:

subprocess.call(". oe-init-build-env ; bitbake foo", shell=True)

Just use shell=True and invoke init-build-env every time you call bitbake.