Re: Call for help for demo UPNP media renderer

Joshua Lock <josh@...>

On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 08:08 +0800, Tian, Kevin wrote:
From: Joshua Lock
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:05 AM

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 14:31 -0700, Saul Wold wrote:

Dongxiao,

Can you take a look at this since you have worked with the
gstreamer?

I did a sloppy job pushing my changes when leaving the office but
think
I have replicated most/all of the in the josh/demo branch.

I also took a look through the rygel code to see what gstreamer
elements
are explicitly being used, I've created a list and tried to ensure as
many as possible of them are in the IMAGE_INSTALL list for
poky-image-rygel, adding them to the RDEPENDS for rygel doesn't
appear
to have included them in the image I just created...

Full list of names of pipeline elements I found in the rygel code
follows:

decodebin2, videorate, videoscale, ffmpegcolorspace, ffenc_wmv1,
twolame, lame, mp3parse, ffenc_wmav2, convert-sink-pad,
ffenc_mpeg2video, audio-src-pad, audio-sink-pad, audio-enc-sink-pad,
sink, mpegtsmux, audioconvert, audioresample, audiorate, capsfilter,
audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, ffmux_asf
Have all of above elements already enabled in your branch, or is it
still
in progress to follow up?
They have now.

Is it a separate issue from segfault or related in your gut-feeling?
Definitely related, rygel launches without segfault now. It doesn't
explicitly specify which elements are required at build time and for at
least some of them doesn't handle them not being there very well at all.

Cheers,
Joshua
--
Joshua Lock