Re: [meta-xilinx] liblzma: Memory allocation failed on do_package_rpm

Manjukumar Harthikote Matha <MANJUKUM@...>

Hi All,

-----Original Message-----
From: Alejandro Enedino Hernandez Samaniego
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 11:00 PM
To: Manjukumar Harthikote Matha <MANJUKUM@...>; openembedded-
core@...; yocto@...; meta-
xilinx@...
Subject: RE: [meta-xilinx] liblzma: Memory allocation failed on do_package_rpm

Hey Manju,

I'd like to see if I can reproduce this, could you please send the the steps you
followed?

Thanks!

Alejandro

Finished binary package job, result 0, filename (null)
error: create archive failed: cpio: write failed - Cannot allocate memory
error: liblzma: Memory allocation failederror: liblzma: Memory allocation
failedFinished binary package job, result 2,

RPM build errors:
| Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
| Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
| Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
| Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
| Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
| Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
| Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
| Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
| Deprecated external dependency generator is used!
| liblzma: Memory allocation failed liblzma: Memory allocation failed liblzma:
Memory allocation failed liblzma: Memory allocation failed liblzma: Memory
allocation failed liblzma: Memory allocation failed

This happens in do_package_rpm task on various recipes, coreutils/libgpg/diffutils
etc.

The host machine has good amount on memory, 256G to be exact. When I see the
error and issue free -h command, I still see ~120G free memory available.
This is a RHEL 7.2 machine and I am running rocko baseline.

Any reason why this would happen? Where should I look to fix this issue?

This seems to happen if your server configuration has (not a standard configuration)
vm.overcommit_memory = 2
vm.overcommit_ratio = 90

And probably this as well
kernel.unknown_nmi_panic = 1