Re: Call for help for demo UPNP media renderer

Tian, Kevin <kevin.tian@...>

From: Joshua Lock
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:05 AM

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 14:31 -0700, Saul Wold wrote:

Dongxiao,

Can you take a look at this since you have worked with the gstreamer?
I did a sloppy job pushing my changes when leaving the office but think
I have replicated most/all of the in the josh/demo branch.

I also took a look through the rygel code to see what gstreamer elements
are explicitly being used, I've created a list and tried to ensure as
many as possible of them are in the IMAGE_INSTALL list for
poky-image-rygel, adding them to the RDEPENDS for rygel doesn't appear
to have included them in the image I just created...

Full list of names of pipeline elements I found in the rygel code
follows:

decodebin2, videorate, videoscale, ffmpegcolorspace, ffenc_wmv1,
twolame, lame, mp3parse, ffenc_wmav2, convert-sink-pad,
ffenc_mpeg2video, audio-src-pad, audio-sink-pad, audio-enc-sink-pad,
sink, mpegtsmux, audioconvert, audioresample, audiorate, capsfilter,
audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, ffmux_asf
Have all of above elements already enabled in your branch, or is it still
in progress to follow up?

Is it a separate issue from segfault or related in your gut-feeling?

Thanks
Kevin

Cheers,
Joshua

Thanks
Sau!

On 10/19/2010 02:15 PM, Joshua Lock wrote:
Hi all,

I've packaged Rygel, a upnp media server and renderer, to use as the
media renderer in the upnp demo. However I'm seeing a segfault at launch
and as it's getting late here I'm wondering if someone in a strategic
timezone can help debug while I cycle home and sleep.

The (ugly) recipes are in the josh/demo branch of the meta-demo
repository.

rygel --gst-debug-level=5

shows plenty of output, but nothing that jumps out to a gstreamer newb
like me. AFAICT I have all of the plugins required but it's possible we
need to add more.

If not I'll pick it up again in the morning.

Thanks,
Joshua
Joshua Lock
Intel Open Source Technology Centre