Re: Build error while following Appendix A. Yocto Project Development manual
Robert P. J. Day
some questions/observations as i'm getting close to the end of this
appendix (some of which you've already seen and addressed), all done
on my 64-bit ubuntu 11.10 system:
* section A.3: rather than force the reader to follow a link or go
to an earlier section, why not just supply the command to check out
$ git clone http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-intel
* section A.5.1: is it actually *necessary* to delete the
crownbay.conf file, and to change the comments in the mymachine.conf
file? admittedly, it's nice to keep things consistent, but if the
text claims that something is "needed", then it really should be
* section A.5.2.1: as we've noted, that first command can be tossed.
in addition, should one remove the "crownbay" directory from that
location? since "crownbay" content is being removed from other
locations, it would be nice to be consistent.
* section A.5.2.2: delete first command
* section A.5.2.4: the "SRCREV_meta" values listed in the appendix
don't match what's in the actual file. so what are the correct
... back to work ...
Robert P. J. Day Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA