From: Gary Thomas [mailto:gary@...]
Sent: 5Oct11 15:45
To: Vellemans, Noel
Cc: yocto@...
Subject: Re: [yocto] Sato Font-shadow ?

On 2011-10-05 07:40, Vellemans, Noel wrote:

Hi all

I've build the beta-test build [wget
_http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/snapshot/poky-f8cddd74
574756174a82c856cecdeb6f83b9dea5.tar.bz2_] { core-image-sato }

The build succeeds but there is 'STRANGE' thing, the fonts seem to
contain a shadow, this shadow color is not always the same color
(sometimes it is red, or red.. or whatever combination).

The best place where you can see it is on the CLOCK that is displayed
on the top of the screen, another place where you can see it is when you
open a terminal window.

Anyone that has seen the same behavior ?
Where do I start looking ?

Regards Noel

NOTE: If I do replace the rootfs with one from the yocto web-site...
this faultly-'shadow'-behavoir is gone.

What's your hardware platform? I saw this on a BeagleBoard [equivalent]
due to improper video settings.

Gary Thomas | Consulting for the
MLB Associates | Embedded world
)