From: yocto-bounces@... [mailto:yocto-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Jack Mitchell
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:05 AM
To: yocto@...
Subject: Re: [yocto] QEMU nfs kernel panic

On 27/09/2011 10:05, Jack Mitchell wrote:
I am using the stock sysroot and arm kernel zImage downloaded from the
yocto site. When I try to boot QEMU all is well until it tries to
mount the nfs root filesystem. It can't find it and the kernel panics,
I have set --debug all on in the runqemu-export-rootfs script but it
throws no further errors. Does anyone have any idea why it would do
this, is it possible that there is something wrong with the nfs
implementation in the kernel and the module is not loaded correctly,
or is it more likely that the nfs share isn't mounted on my machine
and the kernel cannot find it.

Screenshot of kernel panic: http://imgur.com/UbPTT

The only thing that jumps out at me is in the kernel boot up the
rootfs doesn't have a value as can be seen in the screenshot, but I
don't know if this is normal or not?

Cheers,
Jack.
Ok, I managed to fix it. I needed to load the tun module to get it
working. Maybe this should be added as a check in runqemu?

I am now having issues with connecting to the live image, I recieve a
connection refused message when I try to upload the file to the virtual
machine, I have just the stick minimal-dev image so no additional
passwords set.