Re: Eclipse Plugin 1.1-M4

Lu, Lianhao <lianhao.lu@...>

Hi Jack,

-----Original Message-----
From: yocto-bounces@...
[mailto:yocto-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Jack Mitchell
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 10:13 PM
To: yocto@...
Subject: Re: [yocto] Eclipse Plugin 1.1-M4

On 23/09/2011 15:02, Jack Mitchell wrote:
I am trying to get the latest plugin working with Eclipse Indigo and
have followed the instructions listed here:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.embedded.yocto.general/2596

The instructions all work fine until I point Eclipse to a local git
clone of the EclipsePlugin directory. When I try to install the plugin
I recieve this error message:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could
not be found.
Software being installed: Yocto Plugin for Eclipse 1.1.0.qualifier
(org.yocto.sdk.feature.group 1.1.0.qualifier)
Missing requirement: Yocto Plugin for Eclipse 1.1.0.qualifier
(org.yocto.sdk.feature.group 1.1.0.qualifier) requires
'org.yocto.sdk.source.feature.group 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Could anyone shed any light on the situation?
How did you build out the plugin? You many try out using the scripts/build.sh to build the 1.1M4 plugin upon your own Indigo.
ECLIPSE_HOME=<dir where you installed your Indigo> scripts/build.sh 1.1M4 <your release name>
You should find the file org.yocto.sdk-<your release name>-<date>-archive.zip after a successful build. Please try install that archive zip file and see if it works.

Regards,
Jack.
Ok, I managed to get it installed by adding the 1.0 repository so that it could
find the'group' it was looking for. When installed I then tried to alter the
preferences and promtly recieved this message:
Do you mean you installed the 1.0 plugin? I don't think 1.0 plugin would work with Indigo.

Unable to create the selected preference page.
org.yocto.sdk.ide.preferences.YoctoSDKPreferencePage

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Ieibg.png

If I try to create a project using the yocto plugin it throws a nullPointer error -
am I missing something here or are there still issues to be ironed out on the
new 1.1 git?