Minutes: Yocto Technical Team Meeting - (Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada))

Liu, Song <song.liu@...>

* Team action item:
Prepare a 2-minute information sharing for this meeting on:
1. What you have done in the past week.
2. what's your focus/plan for the current week.
3. what's the impediment/issue if there is any.
Scott, Saul, Mark, Matthew, Denys, Tom, Josh, Paul, Richard, Jeff, Dave, Jessica, Darren, Song
Welcome Matthew: he works for Freescale on embedded Linux, decided to use Yocto.
* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.1 M4 status review and issues - 20 min (team) https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.1_Release_Criteria#Milestone_
- Status summary for bug fixes: We started with about 100 bugs when we came into M4. By now we have fixed more than 100 bugs before going into RC1. It's good progress. At the same time, we opened about 50 new bugs, so we still have 40 or so 1.1 bugs to fix.
- going into RC's, testing information (what kind of tests have been done) need to be entered when bug fixes are committed. This will help reviewers to make quicker decision on whether or not to include the new bugs fixes in the next RC release.
- Documentation status (Scott Rifenbark): On track. Cannot test some new links since they are not there until Yocto 1.1 release.
- Build status (Saul): upgraded the autobuilder infrastructure, found some share state bugs and os related bugs while upgrading. Working to resolve them. RC1 happens tomorrow noon (PST)
- Kernel version - Darren: kernel locked at Linux 3.0.4, Tom updated most of the Meta-intel. Darren will make sure meta-Intel is updated completely.
* Opens - 15 min
- Bug status before RC1 (Richard): concerned about the state of autobuilder, QA report has 6 new bugs, we need to get those bugs addressed.
. Kernel is ok, Mark is still working on bug fixes. There will still be patches coming from Meta core team and Saul.
. autobuilder needs attention after upgrade. Saul will follow up on that with Beth
- Scrum-like sharing practice: everyone from the team takes 2 minutes to share on 3 questions: what's been done in the past week, what's the next step/focus in the current week, what's the impediment/issue if there is any. People from the community don't need to answer these questions, they can share whatever they would like to share. This is a suggestion that comes from the community.
. Concerns: The audience of this meeting may be a little broader for this practice. There might be duplications since we already cover status in this meeting. PRC team may not be properly represented.
. Goals and purpose: information sharing on individual level, make the whole team informed. Uncover issues, get help from the community and the team. Align individual focus with the team focus.
. Decision: try this practice and be prepared for the next meeting.

Join {yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org to automatically receive all group messages.